Thursday, December 3, 2009

luke 12: 22-31

For two years people have been asking me why I moved my family from Chicago to Pana. My answer until late was "My father owns property in Shelbyville and we always enjoyed coming down for vacations."

What did I know...

To those that ask me now, the answer is considerably different now that I know the truth.

Several years ago I was living my life my way and my kids were headed in the same direction.

I thank God every day for what He did.

See, I was so far off course that He had to completely change my life in order to get me on my path
{ H O M E }.

Two years ago I bought a very large house that had (still has) very large problems. Buuuuuuuut, without that critical move I would not have met Bro. Daniel. He, as most of us in our town know, has a deep burden for all souls and he invited us to church. ... We have since been baptized in Jesus' name and given our lives over to God.

I also thank God every day for what Bro. Daniel did.

On November 30th (this past Monday) I bought a new home in Pana for my family. I had been impressed on to do so and I watched as God stepped in to make it all possible, the acceptance of my very low offer, the help I needed from my mother, the timing of it all...only God could do what was done!

I was working on my water heater that night when I cut my finger. My Sunshine followed me into the bathroom as I searched for a band-aid, in our new house, where none of our things had yet been moved to. The bathroom closet is still home to items that the previous owner left behind - candles, linens, hair dryers and ashtrays. I joked to My Sunshine, "What are the chances of finding a band-aid in with this stuff?!"

and then I opened the storage door.

There on the shelf sat:

a reminder that He knows the beginning from the end

my confirmation that I had been obedient in buying this house

a faith-builder for My Sunshine

a reason to stop everything and thank God for how He orchestrates everything in our lives ever so perfectly when we listen for and follow His directions

* a one, single band-aid *


Thank you Jesus.
22And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
 23The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
 24Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
 25And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
 26If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
 27Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
 28If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
 29And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
 30For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
 31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

4 comments:

  1. God is so good and He is the giver of every good gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome testimony! God is SO good, ALL THE TIME and He is ever so faithful! I just know you are going to be so richly blessed for listening to the Lord and for being obedient.

    I wanted to drop in and let you know how much it means to me that you continue to come by and leave such sweet words of encouragement for me and that you are such a prayer warrior for my family and me. I appreciate it so much, I really do. I have been having a really rough time lately, so reading all the sweet comments I've received has really helped lift my spirits. :0) Thank you so much for your sweet kindness.

    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and I pray you and your precious family enjoy a wonderfully blessed Christmas season.

    {{HUGS}}

    Teresa <><

    http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an award on arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete