Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman (how I wish that title were true to me!) is hostess to The Simple Woman's Daybook.



"Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'."


Now I don't know about you, but there are days that I have a difficult time finding beauty. Reflecting back or pausing to pay attention to these simple things is a wonderful way to start my day!

Outside my window...is a thick blanket of snow covering our neighborhood

I am thinking...that I have so many things to think about and how wonderful it would be to not think about it for just a few moments

I am thankful for...where God's plan has brought me. Listening and being obedient is often confusing and difficult but WOW! How rewarding!

From the learning rooms...lists of all of the books I need to purchase for the next quarter. Random pieces of paper everywhere - My Angel loves to draw and make paper airplanes. 

From the kitchen...Pork stew in the crock pot. I cook lunches for one of the young girls in our church who was recently diagnosed with diabetes. 

I am wearing...my fleece pajamas although in 15 minutes from now I won't be - I swear!

I am creating...a website for a flea market in our town. Our town hasn't thrived in a loooong time and I will do what I can to help support the businesses that have endured.

I am going...to the doctor again this week. I had some benign growths removed a couple years ago and recently found out there were complications that went undetected for 2 years and now I have bigger problems. I have also been told I have to see a geneticist because of some ovarian issues that have showed up in tests.

I am reading...Endtime Magazine (Irvin Baxter of Endtime Ministries) and Pentecostal Herald (the woman who built our church (Eva Hunt) is written about in the latest issue)

I am hoping...to have all of the work done in my house before my mom makes a trip down to us AND before the spring so I can focus my attention outdoors!

I am hearing...the hissing sound of the cold air being forced out of our steam heat radiators  as they  heat our lovely house AAAHHHHHH

Around the house...are signs of children who don't always clean up after themselves
 Miss Thang can't deny she left this stuff out!

 
My Sunshine received this from his church group last Sunday and he doesn't share so no denying here!

This one is probably My Angel...He likes to discover things. Here he was maybe discovering reasons # 412 & # 413 as to why we need to pull this carpet up and throw it away!

One of my favorite things...is coffee and I haven't had any in days!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I still have yet to move our piano into our new house. I would be very happy if I could get up the last few sheets of drywall in the bathroom. I have to hook up the new thermostat. Menu planning and food shopping for this week has yet to happen. I have to get out to the bank that is 45 miles away. Taxes Taxes Taxes...Now that I think about it, I have much too much to get done this week - Why am I sitting here??!!


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
It was this time last year that I made first contact with my son that I had put up for adoption. He moved in with us for a few months. He moved out after being told I do require everyone in my house to be responsible. He is turning 22 on the 24th. I have not talked with him in months. I hope and pray he is well.

1 comment: