Thursday, November 5, 2009

the 1st day of the rest of our lives

I receive Daily Focus emails from Alpha Omega Publications. After our devotions, we post the verse of the day on a chalkboard in our kitchen. It never ceases to amaze me how relevant these verses are to our daily happenings! I am so thankful for these "faith builders".

This morning, like every other, we gathered in our classroom and read the verse:


ACTS 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. 

It is a verse we all need to know. As a mother it is my job to make sure my children learn this, love this, live this.

A couple months ago we (My Sunshine, My Angel and I) were supposed to be baptized. The day before it was scheduled, My Sunshine was diagnosed with mono and we ended up spending the next day in the hospital. The baptisms were put off.

I have felt a burden lately to take this next step of obedience even though everyone isn't well yet. So, last week I scheduled it for today.

I love that God is always proving His presence in our lives. He is constantly giving me assurance when I am on the right path, and punishing me when I go against His word. Today, on the day we are being baptized, I received assurance.

The closing prayer for today's devotion was

Father, thank You for sending Jesus to die for my sins. I confess that I have sinned and accept Your free gift of eternal life today. Take my life and use it to glorify You. In the wonderful name of Jesus, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. May God bless you as you walk in obedience to Him!

    ReplyDelete