Monday, November 2, 2009

this post and I am lousy with photos

GENESIS 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

I appreciate the gift of the seasons that we have been given. This season always reminds me to slow life down, for the things that truly matter are ever-changing
{ ever growing }
and before I know it this season in my life will have passed.







The kids and I love visiting the pumpkin patch. It means, hot chocolate, lots of pumpkins with warts, dirty animals eating out of our hands and plenty of photo opportunities that are perfect in my mind but never turn out that way in the albums!

I knew it would be wise to get all of the photos taken when we first arrived but they wanna go go go so I take what I can get!
I was certainly pleased that no blood was spilled getting in or out of the wagon.
I was even more pleased that no one walked in front of the camera (or anywhere in the picture actually) for the 3 seconds that all the kids were smiling AND looking at me!!

And off they went.

First they fed the not at all soft, begging for food, otherwise not friendly g-o-a-t-s.




And then it was off into the corn maze which had riddles like this one throughout




My Sunshine and My Angel went into the haunted barn while I took Miss Thang for some pictures.
She loves Wizard of Oz so she was really excited to find this.

I figured I would take the boys back to this before leaving for a complete photo.

I also wanted to get a picture of them in the covered wagon. Simple enough, no?
{ NO }















OK... so I am not going to get a picture in the covered wagon. It was the end of the day and no one had napped. Besides, maybe I was being too picky. Maybe I should just get the one photo I wanted and be done.
So, off to the Wizard of Oz cutouts we went.

{ Not gonna happen this year! }
Not only does the hot chocolate around Miss Thang's mouth make her look like The Joker with his smile painted on...


but she's actually crying hysterically!


This [ gentleman? ] was our closing greeter.

I think he had a longer day than I did!


3 comments:

  1. Sweet post. I really like the kids with the pumpkins that measure their height. I cannot get two kids to look at me when I take a photo, so I think your covered wagon photos are pretty good.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! They are all awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a great festive day!! Good for you!!
    XoxoGapGirl

    ReplyDelete