Tuesday, October 20, 2009

thanks mom, but no thanks



My mom lives 200 miles away from us.
While it's not very close I didn't think it was so far away that she no longer knows us.

A friend of hers has a boy who is a little older than My Sunshine & My Angel. For the last 5 years my mom has received hand-me-downs from her. We've been grateful that most of the clothes have fit during the "right" seasons.

Every once in a while though

there

are

sweat

pants.

Yeah, my kids haven't liked or even agreed to wear sweat pants in a couple years. Pretty much not since they realized that girls don't necessarily like boys who dress like, well slobs.

I don't spend much money on my clothes. I shop thrift stores for my stuff
[ most of the time ].
But, I do take the time and effort to look my best with such. I also appreciate when someone else does the same. This has obviously been impressed on my boys as well, so when Grandma sends these clothes and my boys tell me there is NO WAY they are going to wear them

what can I do?...

yup,

Take a picture!

Besides, ummmm, hello Mom, I think maybe these are a bit small.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! I think the friend is a little shorter than your boys, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what may have happened is Grandma or her friend held on to these in their basement a little longer than they should have!

    ReplyDelete